[Mageia-dev] Copying dependencies to Updates (Testing), or changing mgaapplet to use urpmi --auto-update instead of urpmi --update.

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Aug 25 21:42:53 CEST 2011

Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> Op donderdag 25 augustus 2011 11:47:45 schreef nicolas vigier:
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>>> The problem with using "urpmi --auto-select" is that it increases i/o
>>> and cpu usage for every execution of the check for updates by mgaapplet.
>>
>> No, it doesn't need to use all repositories to check for updates. It can
>> use "urpmq --updates --auto-select" to see what updates are available,
>> and only use all repositories to install them.

[...]
> tbf, i personally think the best solution is actually to make it so that
> urpmi --update --auto-select works the same way as urpmq --update --auto-
> select, so that this can be also fixes for commandline usage when not using the
> mgaapplet.
>
> thus: updating with --update should use dependencies from all media.
>
> this is imho the cleanest way.

+1

I like the idea of a previous post, that when an update repo is activated, the
corresponding regular repo is activated as well.
This could be enforced by automatically activating the regular repo in such a case.

Also when an update is refused, it should always give the reason, instead of
often (sometimes?) simply saying that it could not be updated.

--
André