[Mageia-dev] [PROPOSAL] (task-)mageia-packager - what should be inside?

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Sat Aug 27 18:32:10 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 06:26:06PM +0200, Guillaume wrote in
<4E591A9E.9040709 at gmail.com>:

>Anyway, the whole added value of one package to just requires 8
>others, when the target population is supposed to have a some minimal
>technical experience, is quite discussable.

I politely like to disagree. One might be quite technically experienced
but be new to the packaging field in general or Mageia in specific. I've
seen several novice packagers (which includes myself) run into the same
kind of issue time and again.

Sure, they can all probably work out what's wrong (or ask), and then fix
it, but why have them run into the wall in the first place?

It hurts no one to have all the commonly used tools for packaging
installed by installing one task package.

Remco