[Mageia-dev] x11-server 1.11.0

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:05:05 CEST 2011

在 Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:01:09 +0800, Thierry Vignaud  
<thierry.vignaud at gmail.com>寫道:

> On 30 August 2011 16:51, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>>> err I've refrained to update to 1.11.0 b/c of that, waitint to know
>>> if nvidia/amd will be supporting the new ABI.
>> They will. The question is not "if", but "when".
>> And not pushing a new version is not gonna make this appear sooner.
>> Also, not pushing the new version is likely decrease the quality of the
>> xorg server, since there will be less tests done, ( or rather tests done
>> later ).
>> This is also sending the wrong signal ( ie, "take cards supported by
>> proprietary blob and by vendors that are not providing sources, because
>> we care more about them rather than those who fully cooperate" ).
> Well this is what we did back @mdv.
> This is also what I did before doing the 1.7->1.9 update and
> then the 1.9->1.10 update.
Maybe a better way is to push it into backport testing of cauldron?

Let the people have much faith to test it, don't let it directly gets

into Main_Release/Update.

More information about the Mageia-dev mailing list