[Mageia-dev] x11-server 1.11.0

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:01:09 CEST 2011

On 30 August 2011 16:51, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> err I've refrained to update to 1.11.0 b/c of that, waitint to know
>> if nvidia/amd will be supporting the new ABI.
> They will. The question is not "if", but "when".
> And not pushing a new version is not gonna make this appear sooner.
> Also, not pushing the new version is likely decrease the quality of the
> xorg server, since there will be less tests done, ( or rather tests done
> later ).
> This is also sending the wrong signal ( ie, "take cards supported by
> proprietary blob and by vendors that are not providing sources, because
> we care more about them rather than those who fully cooperate" ).

Well this is what we did back @mdv.
This is also what I did before doing the 1.7->1.9 update and
then the 1.9->1.10 update.

More information about the Mageia-dev mailing list