[Mageia-dev] Replacing mysql with mariadb

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Thu Dec 1 23:47:17 CET 2011

Op donderdag 01 december 2011 23:38:36 schreef Barry Jackson:
> On 01/12/11 20:22, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > and furthermore, if we do provide mariadb, we'll have to obsolete mysql
> > eventually. why not complete test it when we have the chance? if we
> > complete this testing before 9 dec, we can easily switch back without
> > any real issues if needed.
>
> ZoneMinder is a new package in Cauldron which relies heavily on mysql.
> I can do the testing but will probably need some help on the migration.
> I would hate to see it get broken now!
> Is there a tracker bug on this yet as I would like to stay in the loop ;)
>
> Barry

if you have a cauldron, you can enable updates_testing and then:
* rpm -e --nodeps all the mysql packages you have
* urpmi all the identical mariadb packages
* then you can build against it, by rebuilding your src.rpm
* then install that
* test if everything works, perhaps reboot or logout or whatever restarts
akonadi
* then test your package

i've already tested with phpmyadmin (thus php-mysql), drupal (thus php-pdo-
mysqli), amarok and akonadi...

no bug/tracker for it