[Mageia-dev] Replacing mysql with mariadb

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 00:13:28 CET 2011

On 01/12/11 22:47, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> if you have a cauldron, you can enable updates_testing and then:
> * rpm -e --nodeps all the mysql packages you have
> * urpmi all the identical mariadb packages

OK - I guess the names are similar - not looked yet ;)

> * then you can build against it, by rebuilding your src.rpm

I have BuildRequire on perl-DBD-mysql and Requires on perl-DBD-mysql,
mysql and php-mysql, I assume these will need to change?

> * then install that
> * test if everything works, perhaps reboot or logout or whatever restarts
> akonadi
> * then test your package
>
> i've already tested with phpmyadmin (thus php-mysql), drupal (thus php-pdo-
> mysqli), amarok and akonadi...
>
> no bug/tracker for it

I only noticed the thread in ML tonight, as I did not know what MariaDB
was it hadn't caught my attention!
I will start on it tomorrow.
Thanks,
Barry