[Mageia-dev] Replacing mysql with mariadb

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Fri Dec 2 17:27:16 CET 2011

Op vrijdag 02 december 2011 14:40:40 schreef Barry Jackson:
> On 02/12/11 00:20, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> >>
> >> OK - I guess the names are similar - not looked yet ;)
>
> I said I would need help :\

thanks for that!

i guess i should be clearer, i meant the packages that are built from the
mysql src.rpm

this is for you:

> mysql-common-core-5.5.15-2.mga2
> lib64mysqlservices-5.5.15-2.mga2
> lib64mysqld0-5.5.15-2.mga2
> mysql-client-5.5.15-2.mga2
> mysql-core-5.5.15-2.mga2
> mysql-5.5.15-2.mga2
> lib64mysql18-5.5.15-2.mga2
> mysql-common-5.5.15-2.mga2
> lib64mysql-devel-5.5.15-2.mga2

> Yet with testing enabled I see :-
> [baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq mariadb -a
> mariadb
[...]

(afaik mariadb is an exact match, so maybe that's why it lists only mariadb)

[root at localhost ~]# urpmq -Y mariadb
lib64mariadb-devel
lib64mariadb-embedded-devel
lib64mariadb-embedded0