[Mageia-dev] replace mysql by mariadb ? (was HEADSUP: mariadb available for testing)

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Fri Dec 2 18:24:13 CET 2011

Le vendredi 2 décembre 2011 17:33:04, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> if we test mariadb, and you see no differences, why not drop it? do you
> agree?

I'd say go slow, go for sure. We need a list of needed tests:
- phpmyadmin
- amarok
- nepomuk
- akonadi
- ....
- install a cms like spip.net can also be interesting

I you want so much mariadb un mageia, I expect you to build all this srpms
against it, and test them a lot (some music files in amarok, some file searches
through nepomuk, some addresses in akonadi)

Then we can talk about submitting all this to mageia cauldron AKA "2 alpha".
We should not just push to cauldron without local tests.