[Mageia-dev] init=systemd

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 8 10:58:44 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 08/12/11 00:22 did gyre and gimble:
> Charles A Edwards skrev 8.12.2011 01:40:
>> I've noticed on the latest tmb kernels (those after 3.0.8-1) that
>> init=systemd is now being auto added to the lilo append.
>>
>> Thankfully that did not cause a boot issue on this system for I am
>> still using sysvinit here and Not systemd-sysvinit.
>>
>> Should it now be auto added with kernels on all systems???
>>

> AFAIK it should only happend if you had it on the command line for the
> kernel you was running when you installed next kernel.

Yup, it's just a monkey see, monkey do approach. If you've already got
any kernel params in your existing config, they will be preserved for
your next kernel.

It's nothing specific to init= argument or systemd as a value.

I answered this exact same question a few days ago on this list...