[Mageia-dev] init=systemd

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Sun Dec 11 14:56:05 CET 2011

Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> writes:

> Charles A Edwards skrev 8.12.2011 01:40:
>> I've noticed on the latest tmb kernels (those after 3.0.8-1) that
>> init=systemd is now being auto added to the lilo append.
>>
>> Thankfully that did not cause a boot issue on this system for I am
>> still using sysvinit here and Not systemd-sysvinit.
>>
>> Should it now be auto added with kernels on all systems???
>>

> AFAIK it should only happend if you had it on the command line for the
> kernel you was running when you installed next kernel.

Well, init=/bin/systemd is forced by drakxtools on each kernel install,
if /bin/systemd exists (which means always, since systemd is required by
basesystem). See /usr/lib/libDrakX/bootloader.pm

This is pretty bad, we should not do it if we still want to keep
sysvinit compatibility in Mageia 2.

--
Olivier Blin - blino