[Mageia-dev] Where to report mageia 2 alpha 1 problems?

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 10 23:35:42 CET 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:51:28 -0500, David W. Hodgins wrote about Re:
[Mageia-dev] Where to report mageia 2 alpha 1 problems?:

>On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 10:01:38 -0500, Franklin Weng
><franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
>
>> 2011/12/10 Manuel Hiebel <manuel at hiebel.eu>:
>>> Le samedi 10 décembre 2011 à 21:23 +0800, Franklin Weng a écrit :
>>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_alpha1 is up and there is a link to
>>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_alpha1#Bug_reporting
>
>> I still failed to connect to wiki.mageia.org.
>
>Any chance you're using a dsn server with dnssec enabled?
>
>I had problems when using my own name server with a combination
>of ad blocking, and dnssec turned on.  At first I thought it was
>one of the host names I was blocking, but it turned out that
>turning off dnssec fixed the problem for me.
>
>Haven't had time to trace it down and report the problem yet.

Once upon a time I had the same prob with some sites and changed
my /etc/sysctl.conf, adding:

quote
# for more agressive network throughput as per
# http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=62 dvg early 2008

net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
net.core.rmem_max = 16777216
net.core.wmem_max = 16777216