[Mageia-dev] HIME (new input method forked from gcin) for Mageia

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Dec 14 05:56:32 CET 2011

Hi list,

Yesterday some developers launched a new input method project HIME
(http://hime.luna.com.tw) which is forked from gcin.
I downloaded the source code and made a rpm package.  It successfully
installed with rpm.

I can use hime as my input method.  However, in the localdrake I
couldn't choose hime as my input method.

If I set the QT_IM_MODULE, GTK_IM_MODULE, XMODIFIER, ... variables I
could use it.  Could anyone please tell me how to make it appear in
the input method list of localedrake?

BTW, this is the first time I try to package a new software.  After I
completed all the post-install scripts, can you accept that in the
cauldron (and even mageia 2) repository?

Thanks,
Franklin