[Mageia-dev] HIME (new input method forked from gcin) for Mageia

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:49:33 CET 2011

2011/12/14 Franklin Weng <franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw>:
> Hi list,
>

> Yesterday some developers launched a new input method project HIME
> (http://hime.luna.com.tw) which is forked from gcin.
> I downloaded the source code and made a rpm package.  It successfully
> installed with rpm.
>
> I can use hime as my input method.  However, in the localdrake I
> couldn't choose hime as my input method.
>
> If I set the QT_IM_MODULE, GTK_IM_MODULE, XMODIFIER, ... variables I
> could use it.  Could anyone please tell me how to make it appear in
> the input method list of localedrake?
>
> BTW, this is the first time I try to package a new software.  After I
> completed all the post-install scripts, can you accept that in the
> cauldron (and even mageia 2) repository?
>

> Thanks,
> Franklin

lol
I just packed it about the same time you sent this message. XD The
spec file is attached with this message, I also upload the srpm here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8F114XOU

I'm still looking for a mentor. Hopefully some one could push it, and
I can maintain it after I'm mentored and qualified for packaging.

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh