[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Wed Dec 14 23:02:57 CET 2011

Op woensdag 14 december 2011 22:55:58 schreef Juan Luis Baptiste:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Maarten Vanraes <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> > if my wife wasn't using kdenlive i would've said, that it was a
> > maintainers nightmare to get all these separately fixed with bugfixes
> > and testing, and to go ahead (and i believe i said so in the past), but
> > now that the project is almost ready and we've had our share of
> > bugs/issues, i'm sorry, i don't want to have ANY risk whatsoever to this
> > project file and i don't think it'll load correctly, or even have the
> > same rendered result... so, no, sorry, i know it's buggy and crashy and
> > stuff, but if you do update to this, i'll not update this. it's just too
> > risky.
>
> I understand your position too, but wouldn't make more sense if you
> could make a backup copy of your wife's project and try this latest
> version and help us verify if it has any important issues with it ?
> none of us are video editors, so your wife's input on this would
> definitively be very important on taking a decision on what to do here
>
> :)
>
> Make here an honorary QA member ;)

i'm quite bad at QA, with mga1 i was at pre-release testing and twice i found
a big error, which appeared to have been my own damn fault... like using wrong
isos and stuff

but i'm definately gonna test this one, either way. i mean, next time my wife
will want a version with less bugs...

it's up for cauldron, right? too bad backports isn't ready yet...