[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Thu Dec 15 12:52:09 CET 2011

Hello!
If I'm not mistaken only 2 packages to go for myspell and dozen for
aspell. If there are lacking packages on the list, please up-date. Some
packages like Firefox were already cleaned.
The current status of the project is here
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Consolidate_spell_checkers

Please try to move from myspell to hunspell, and from aspell to enchant.
Enchant is a wrapper for spell checkers. You can find more details how
to do it eg. in Fedora specs. In some cases like perl-Text-Aspell there
is no point to force it to use a different library.

Now I will file bugs for each effected package.