[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Julien julien.moragny at laposte.net
Thu Dec 15 14:36:48 CET 2011

Le Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:52:09 +0100,
Kamil Rytarowski <n54 at gmx.com> a écrit :

> Hello!
> If I'm not mistaken only 2 packages to go for myspell and dozen for
> aspell. If there are lacking packages on the list, please up-date. Some
> packages like Firefox were already cleaned.
> The current status of the project is here
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Consolidate_spell_checkers
>
> Please try to move from myspell to hunspell, and from aspell to enchant.
> Enchant is a wrapper for spell checkers. You can find more details how
> to do it eg. in Fedora specs. In some cases like perl-Text-Aspell there
> is no point to force it to use a different library.
>
> Now I will file bugs for each effected package.

Hi,

Not sure you got my previous mail, but I've got few questions regarding
the switch :
 - aspell and myspell both provides enchant-dictionary and respectively
  aspell-dictionary and myspell-dictionary but hunspell doesn't. Could we
  have this kind of provides added to hunspell-xx ? When
  suggested/required, it allows than at least one dictionary is installed.

 - enchant doesn't find hunspell dict, it search in %datadir/dict/ooo
   (where myspell install them) and hunspell dict are in %datadir/myspell/.
   Should this be fixed at enchant level or at hunspell level ?

regards
Julien