[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Luc Menut lmenut at free.fr
Thu Dec 15 22:31:45 CET 2011

Le 15/12/2011 14:36, Julien a écrit :

> Not sure you got my previous mail, but I've got few questions regarding
> the switch :
>   - aspell and myspell both provides enchant-dictionary and respectively
>    aspell-dictionary and myspell-dictionary but hunspell doesn't. Could we
>    have this kind of provides added to hunspell-xx ?

Yes, this should be done when enchant will be able to use dictionnaries
from %datadir/myspell.

When
>    suggested/required, it allows than at least one dictionary is installed.
>
>   - enchant doesn't find hunspell dict, it search in %datadir/dict/ooo
>     (where myspell install them) and hunspell dict are in %datadir/myspell/.
>     Should this be fixed at enchant level or at hunspell level ?

Yes, for now enchant uses myspell dictionary from %datadir/dict/ooo;
that's why myspell dictionaries provide enchant-dictionary, but hunspell
dictionaries don't.
We can simply replace %{_datadir}/dict/ooo by %datadir/myspell in
enchant, but it would be probably better to patch enchant to handle both
paths in order to ease transition.

--
Luc Menut