[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Thu Dec 15 23:44:21 CET 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:52:09 +0100
Kamil Rytarowski <n54 at gmx.com> wrote:

> Please try to move from myspell to hunspell, and from aspell to
> enchant.

This is a mis-statement.

Current enchant pkg needs to be converted to use hunspell as the
primary/default backend rather than aspell which it is now uses.
Simply drop the BR for aspell-devel and only use hunspell-devel.

As noted in another post hunspell dicts will also need to actually
provide a dictionary (hunspell-dictionay and
hunspell-(localization-dictionary)

FYI I have been using hunspell only on this system for over a month.
Other than needing to rebuild a couple apps there were/are no issues.

    Charles

--
Actually, it also looks like we should optimize (13,2,42,8,'hike') into
a pp_padav copy as well.