[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Fri Dec 16 01:20:26 CET 2011

W dniu 15.12.2011 23:44, Charles A Edwards pisze:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:52:09 +0100
> Kamil Rytarowski<n54 at gmx.com>  wrote:
>
>> Please try to move from myspell to hunspell, and from aspell to
>> enchant.
> This is a mis-statement.
>
> Current enchant pkg needs to be converted to use hunspell as the
> primary/default backend rather than aspell which it is now uses.
> Simply drop the BR for aspell-devel and only use hunspell-devel.
Yes, you are right.

I'm thinking of disabling Aspell support (so therefore no more
BuildRequires/Requires for Aspell) in enchant at all, and make Aspell as
deprecated as possible.

What do you think about it?
> As noted in another post hunspell dicts will also need to actually
> provide a dictionary (hunspell-dictionay and
> hunspell-(localization-dictionary)
Yes, this is true.
There is also additional issue inside Hunspell dictionaries like in
hunspell-gv, hunspell-az, hunspell-de, etc. We have in these packages
build requirements on Aspell. For this I will prepare policies, but
rather after the cleaning.
> FYI I have been using hunspell only on this system for over a month.
> Other than needing to rebuild a couple apps there were/are no issues.

Thank you for your feedback.