[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Fri Dec 16 02:07:36 CET 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:20:26 +0100
Kamil Rytarowski <n54 at gmx.com> wrote:

> > Current enchant pkg needs to be converted to use hunspell as the
> > primary/default backend rather than aspell which it is now uses.
> > Simply drop the BR for aspell-devel and only use hunspell-devel.
> Yes, you are right.
>
> I'm thinking of disabling Aspell support (so therefore no more
> BuildRequires/Requires for Aspell) in enchant at all, and make Aspell
> as deprecated as possible.
>
> What do you think about it?

I can see no real reason not to do so.

At some point, if not now, if/when we drop myspell it might make sense
to change the hunspell-dictionary install directory from
%{_datadir}/myspell/* to %{_datadir}/hunspell/* and configure enchant
accordingly.

    Charles

--
According to the obituary notices, a mean and unimportant person never