[Mageia-dev] ANN: X11 now starts on tty1

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 17 11:26:35 CET 2011

2011/12/17 Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee>:
> 17.12.2011 12:10, Wolfgang Bornath kirjutas:
>>
>> I really beg to think the whole matter over again, at least until it is
>> mature enough to be implemented in cauldron for practical test.
>
> People will get used to it rather fast.

May be yes, may be no. I'm thinking about those computer adepts who
have spent 10-15 years with the Ctrl-Alt-F1 combo, is it so easy to
change a grown habit which is like the "Red = Stop!" paradigma? I'm
thinking also about all those who spend time with different distros,
having to change one of the most common procedures just for Mageia.
I'm thinking of rather new Linuxers who follow advice in documentation
- ALL docs on the net talk about Ctrl-Alt-F1, all generic books like
Linux in a Nutshell or others talk about Ctrl-Alt-F1.

So, my question is whether a second's flickering during startup really
justifies such a strong change?

--
wobo