[Mageia-dev] Umaintained packages?

Malo malo at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun Dec 18 02:23:46 CET 2011

On 18/12/11 01:10, Josh King wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to potentially contribute to Mageia and would like to get some
> practice in packaging. I have done extensive deb packaging/maintaining but am
> very behind on RPM's. I was digging around looking for someplace I could find a
> list of unmaintained or orphan packages that I could maybe help with and learn
> from at the same time. Is there such a list someplace? If not, any pointers
> towards where to start finding what needs a potential maintainer would be
> helpful. I just figure maybe I could knock out two birds with the proverbial one
> stone.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Hi Josh,

Your help would be very welcome.
There is a list of package that have no maintainer at:
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/unmaintained.txt

If you wish to become a packager, we have a very successful apprenticeship
program: just follow the instructions at
http://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager

and come join us at #mageia-mentoring on freenode.

Cheers,
--
Malo