[Mageia-dev] Improving Boxes experience on Mageia

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Dec 23 00:06:21 CET 2011

>From https://plus.google.com/109973678654056732542/posts/drB3U65Hptt:

"Yeah, thats what I meant by 'unknown media' in my previous blog entry.
To make Boxes support your favourite distro as nicely as Fedora and
Windows, you need to:

1. Put metadata about it in libosinfo's default DB (its simple and
intuitive XML files) with information about its latest media.

2. Add unattended installation for it in Boxes. This will need some
hacking but its not as difficult at one might imagine. :)"

Anyone willing to ensure Boxes works nicely with Mageia by submitting a
libosinfo XML file (upstream!) + ensure the unattended installation
works by hacking Boxes?

Bit swamped myself...

--
Regards,