[Mageia-dev] Conflicts between kde 4.7.90 and laptop-mode-tools

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 19:53:33 CET 2011

Frank Griffin wrote:
> On 12/28/2011 11:36 AM, Balcaen John wrote:
>> Le mercredi 28 décembre 2011 11:34:08 Frank Griffin a écrit :
>> [...]
>>> But  the question still stands in modified form: is anything else on a
>>> Mageia system using laptop-mode-tools, or has everything moved to
>>> pm-utils ?  If I rip out laptop-mode-tools to avoid blocking the KDE
>>> packages, what happens to non-KDE stuff ?
>> I would say nothing since i doubt that ahmad would add a conflicts just for
>> that.
>> Also if it was stricly requires (like it is for kde) i guess a urpme laptop-
>> mode-tools should answer the question.
>>
> urpme removes laptop-mode-tools without a whimper.  So we should
> probably do the same.

This is causing a problem with upgrades from MDV 2010.2.  laptop-mode-tools gets upgraded to the mga version, but pm-utils does not because
of the conflict.  You need to manually urpme laptop-mode-tools and then upgrade the pm-utils.  I know the conflict is mentioned on the Mageia
1 errata, but it would be nice if there was a better solution for this (that doesn't require manual intervention).