[Mageia-dev] ksnapshot conflicts with kdegraphics4-devel

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Wed Jul 6 12:24:48 CEST 2011

2011/7/5 Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>:
> fwang,
> mikala,
>
> # urpmi kdegraphics4-devel
> The following package has to be removed for others to be upgraded:
> ksnapshot-4.6.90-1.mga2.i586
>  (due to conflicts with kdegraphics4-devel[<= 2:4.6.90]) (y/N)

The conflicts against kdegraphics4-devel was added because somes files
were wrongly available in the « old » -devel package & especially the
-devel package was not expected to live again .

> Or, the other way around:
>
> # urmpi ksnapshot
> The following package has to be removed for others to be upgraded:
> kdegraphics4-devel-4.6.90-1.mga2.noarch
>  (due to conflicts with ksnapshot-4.6.90-1.mga2.i586) (y/N)
>

> I admit I don't understand the new KDE 4.7 package "fragmentation" (why must they always change something upstream? I'm sick of this), but is this normal? I guess not.
>
> ksnapshot can coexist with kdegraphics4, but not with kdegraphics4-devel.

In fact kdegraphics4-devel should not exist anymore, i'll remove it
from the kdegraphics4 meta package.
You should directly install the -devel package you need to build your
package from libksane-devel , libkipi-devel, libkexiv2-devel or
libkdcraw-devel

Fwang > i can understand that you want to keep an empty metapackage
(even if i'm personnaly not agree as said earlier)  for kdegraphics,
but why adding a -devel metapackage here  j ?
I also noticed you did the same things for kdeedu so i'll remove it too.

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net