[Mageia-dev] [Mageia 2 specifications] Systemd or not systemd

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Fri Jul 15 01:37:43 CEST 2011

On Thursday 14 July 2011 20:08:17 Eugeni Dodonov wrote:
[...]
> This is how they work now, except that in mageia networkmanager uses keyfile
> plugin instead of networkmanager-mdv (which is a bit outdated at the
> moment) so the network configuration is different among them.
Well for cauldron nm-mdv is not available at all because nm 0.9 is quite
different than 0.8. From a fast look i guess it should not be too difficult to
adapt your patch starting from the fedora/redhat plugin .
Regarding a total switch to nm, if i'm not wrong the most problematic part is
the installer integration.
Maybe it's possible to adapt our draktools to edit/drop files directly in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ if we're sticking with the native
plugin (keyfile).

--
Balcaen John