[Mageia-dev] Adobe Flash player 11 Beta 1 in Cauldron

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Jul 15 11:55:05 CEST 2011

venerdì 15 luglio 2011 alle 10:10, Ahmad Samir ha scritto:
> Hello.
>
> As you've seen the thread, posted by Charles A Edwards, there's a new
> version of flash which has native 64bit support, it's still in beta
> but seems to work well, some questions:
> - Any objections about offering it in mga1? on x86_64 only and keeping
> the 32bit stable one as is for now; not having to install
> nspluginwrapper or a 32bit browser on a 64bit system is an
> improvement, IMHO.
I'm in favour with some doubts though.

Some people think mageia is quiet... so maybe we should start to increase
updates/backports and improving people feelings...
I say that without using that much mga1, but some days ago updates were
so little...

The big problem with this package though is that if it is buggy and moreover
for security reasons, it isn't so upstream responsive, at least for x86_64
till now...

> - For Cauldron:
>   o Do we ship the 11 beta1 for both arch?
i vote for that, cauldron is cauldron and we can revert or change things
before freeze time, some months of testing will show us upstream movements
also...

Angelo