[Mageia-dev] kernel 3.0 is a big mistake in cauldron

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 16 20:12:18 CEST 2011

>Well, LO is probably exception, AFAIK mostly due to its building troubles but

>at least KDE has always had almost all alphas and betas and RCs in cooker/cauldron

KDE is the main reason I'm using Cauldron.

Since KDE 4.0.0, KDE is never "good/stable enough", so it _always_ makes sense
to install all the RCs.

(There are some DEs that are never "stable enough". Or, when they are really
polished -- think KDE 3.5.10 or GNOME 2.32 --, there are some benevolent teams
of dictators who decide to jump to an unstable boat -- thinl KDE 4.0.0, GNOME 3.0.)

I've seen no betas here, only RCs (4.6.3 -> 4.6.4 -> 4.6.90 -> 4.6.95). Fair enough.

But I should unsubscribe from all these lists. I could never get along with the
Linux and FreeBSD developers -- too proud of themselves.

R-C