[Mageia-dev] Need mentor(s) to become a Mageia packager

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Jul 21 23:46:33 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 21 juillet 2011 à 16:14 -0400, Vincent a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I am still trying to pack ZoneMinder for Cauldron.
> Now rpms are generated and rpmlint is not complaining, but I am still
> sure, it's not OK :) , that's why I need help.
> Attached is the spec file, if somebody could have a look.
>
> Here are my questions:
> - where should go the installed files? (Zoneminder provides perl
> modules, the site itself, CGI services , doc and conf).

conf -> /etc/ . I would try to see how does others distribution, to have
at least a similar path to ease the work of people changing distribution

site -> /var/www/zoneminder. Outside of the webroot, so people can
modify it with apache configuration

apache configuration -> /etc/httpd/conf.d/webapps.d/ , iirc

perl module -> like the other ( maybe jq can tell us the details )

cgi -> I think there is something in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, not sure. I guess
checking other cgi would help.

doc -> /usr/sharedoc, marked as such with %doc

> - some files have no path's variable:
> /usr/share/man/lib/perl5/5.14.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod.xz
> /usr/local/share/man/man3/ZoneMinder.3pm

> Any idea, what it should be?

I do not understand the question :/

> - what should be the permissions for the site under the apache server?

that depend on what does the site. There is basically some people that
say "this should be 127.0.0.1 by default", and those that say "if people
installed it, they want to use it on a network and are able to configure
apache properly, so it should be opened"

> - should the %install section creates the database table/permissions
> for ZoneMinder? If so, is there any example how to achieve this?

Unfortunately, no. A server can be password protected, on another
computer, or using a specific database name.

I always wanted to have a proper framework for that ( like saying "this
is the sql file" and let some helper script take care of the rest, based
on configuration or offering a easy to use tools to create and install
database after installation  ), but never wrote anything :)

> - should the %install section creates the service launcher scripts? If
> so, is there any example how to achieve this?

Yes. It was not migrated yet ( or maybe it was ), but this should be a
good start :
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/Initscripts
--
Michael Scherer