[Mageia-dev] Need mentor(s) to become a Mageia packager

Vincent vincent.hervieux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:14:04 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I am still trying to pack ZoneMinder for Cauldron.
Now rpms are generated and rpmlint is not complaining, but I am still
sure, it's not OK :) , that's why I need help.
Attached is the spec file, if somebody could have a look.

Here are my questions:
- where should go the installed files? (Zoneminder provides perl
modules, the site itself, CGI services , doc and conf).
- some files have no path's variable:
/usr/share/man/lib/perl5/5.14.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod.xz
/usr/local/share/man/man3/ZoneMinder.3pm
Any idea, what it should be?
- what should be the permissions for the site under the apache server?
- should the %install section creates the database table/permissions
for ZoneMinder? If so, is there any example how to achieve this?
- should the %install section creates the service launcher scripts? If
so, is there any example how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Vincent