[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sun Jun 12 23:38:48 CEST 2011

In data domenica 12 giugno 2011 22:46:33, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
> Proposal 1:
> 6 months release cycle -> 12 months life cycle
> ( Fedora, Ubuntu, Mandriva < 2010.1 && Mandriva != 2006.0 )
>
> Proposal 2:
> 9 months release cycle -> 18 months life cycle
> ( ~ opensuse and the one we used for Mageia 1 )
>
> Proposal 3:
> 12 months release cycle -> 24 months life cycle
> ( Mandriva > 2010.1 )

Well imo extending too much release cycle means also to
have a lot of backports and patches for fixings.

So 1 or 2 are better, more upstream packages than fixings.

If we cannot afford 6 mo release cycle because we're all volunteers for
instance, 9 mo one is the right compromise, i believe.

Cheers,
--
	Angelo