[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 16 12:44:32 CEST 2011

On 06/16/2011 03:42 AM, Thorsten van Lil wrote:

> I know what you mean. I feel the very same.
> * You get the a somelike systray, if you move the mouse to the
> bottom-right corner (at least networkmanager and mgaonline is there).
> * virtual desktops are now known as "Activities". If a window is
> already open, go to the top-left corner (like when you want to open
> new apps). There you find on the right an extra panel, which enlarges
> if you hover the mouse.
Thanks very much for figuring out the Alt-F4 trick.  I just assumed that
anything telling me my only option was to Logout had to be modal.

With the latest updates, the desktop does actually come up, with the
striped background and showing 'Activities     Date     Username" at the
top, and I can once again scroll the applications.  Now, if the "Oops"
is not related to the launched application actually opening, I'll see
how far I can get.