[Mageia-dev] Monitoring of new GNOME/upstream releases

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Jun 24 11:28:06 CEST 2011

Does Mageia monitor upstream releases and how?

This as I noticed that the new Metacity release (2.34.1) is not yet in
Cauldron.

GNOME has a ftp-release-list mailing list[1]. It sends out notices when new
modules are released. It has X- headers for easy parsing. Only thing
that has to be taken into account is that it could take 5min before
modules can be downloaded (ftp.gnome.org is a mirror, it is not the
place where releases are done).

If nothing is in place to monitor, I'd like to help out to set something
up.. though I probably need some guidance.
--
Regards,
Olav

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ftp-release-list/