[Mageia-dev] Monitoring of new GNOME/upstream releases

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jun 24 11:46:59 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 24 juin 2011 à 11:28 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> Does Mageia monitor upstream releases and how?
>
> This as I noticed that the new Metacity release (2.34.1) is not yet in
> Cauldron.
>
> GNOME has a ftp-release-list mailing list[1]. It sends out notices when new
> modules are released. It has X- headers for easy parsing. Only thing
> that has to be taken into account is that it could take 5min before
> modules can be downloaded (ftp.gnome.org is a mirror, it is not the
> place where releases are done).
>
> If nothing is in place to monitor, I'd like to help out to set something
> up.. though I probably need some guidance.

We do have this with check.mageia.org, based on youri.

Now, if you want to create a notification system for that, feel free.
The software can be found on ouri.zarb.og, the documentation is minimal,
this is perl. You can however get test result in txt format, html, or
anything, and thus a tool to send notification ( and more important, a
tool to configure notification ) can be constructed upon that.
--
Michael Scherer