[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Nov 1 18:25:38 CET 2011

On Tuesday 01 November 2011 13:24, Michael Scherer wrote:
> I suggest to re-read the other mails of the thread, especially the one
> where I give this url :
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-devel/msg158642.html

I have read the entire thread on the Fedora list, every message, including that specific message, and I have done the same for this thread here and my question is not answered.

So I'll ask again: what substantial benefit do I get by having / and usr on the same filesystem / partition?
I can agree to some extend on moving /*bin and co. to /usr, But what is the benefit on requireing /usr NOT to be a separate filesystem?

Judging by this thread and the Fedora thread I am not alone on having seriosus doubts on this issiue.

> ( PS: please try to not insult others with saying thing like "most
> stupid thing ever performed" ).

I'm sorry if someone feel trampled upon, but when I see something which I really do think is stupid and idiotic, I reserve the right to say so. If someone can't handle that, tough luck!

Note: I am not, nor have I called anyone stupid or an idiot. I am calling this filesystem requirement change stupid and idiotic. There's a difference. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324