[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Nov 2 08:54:38 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

We have a new packager, takashi, who has successfully mentored with jquelin.

We now have 2 apprentice candidates with .rpm packaging experience, waiting for
a mentor.

mcb30 (Michael Brown), who I introduced last week,
is a longtime Mandrake/Mandriva and now Mageia user who has maintained several
private RPM repos, and while waiting for a mentor has been making spec files
for some python applications.

We also have
neocrust (Alexander Scherbakov),
who has experience maintaining packages for openSuse and Lunar Linux, as well
as translating to Russion, and doing documentation with the Gentoo Russion team.

You can find more details at:
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_candidates

Mentors, let me know who you take on, and I'll update the tables for you.

Thanks :-)

----

We now have 49 active packagers (maintaining at least one package), with
several who have yet to take a package.
We currently have about 40 apprentices.
Over 75% of packages have a maintainer.

----

Anyone else looking for a mentor, let me know so I can add your name as an
apprentice candidate -- or you can do it yourself.
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_candidates

See also the section just above, on becoming a Mageia packager :
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#becoming_a_mageia_packager

To find a mentor, you can also post to this list, or on IRC at freenode
#mageia-mentoring.

Regards :-)

--
André
(Packager mentoring program coordinator)