[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release perl-SOAP-Lite-0.714.0-1.mga2

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:19:13 CET 2011

hi colin,

On 11/11/07 09:54 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >> A requested package cannot be installed:
> >> perl-SOAP-Lite-0.714.0-1.mga2.noarch (due to unsatisfied
> >> perl(SOAP::Transport::FTP)[>= 0.712.0])
> >> Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
> >
> > still broken.
> >
> > The main issue is that i don't see  perl(SOAP::Transport::FTP)[>=
> > 0.712.0]) see : http://search.cpan.org/dist/SOAP-Transport-FTP/
>
> Seems that the version requirement was reverted.
>
> I've pushed a fix seeing as the original submitter clearly isn't paying
> attention :(

it's not that submitter isn't paying attention, it's that takashi just
finished his trainee period and was puzzled on how to fix this problem.

so, i preferred to let him deal with the bug (with my help), since:
- it's cauldron, so breakage can happen and that's not a big deal
- the breakage itself isn't big (just a package that cannot be
  installed)
- the package is really not an important one

now, i saw you did the fix. thanks, but there's no reason to be really
upset by this.

and in no way you need to point finger on this list, especially since
there has been activity on the bug report (takashi took ownership of the
bug). remember that we're a community and that we want to grow this
community. i agree though that i should have replied to mention the
background and that takashi was on the bug, but that it might take some
time. if need be, i'm taking the blame for the whole thing.

thanks again for the fix,
jérôme