[Mageia-dev] qemu new upstream release (1.0-rc1) and should we move from qemu-kvm to qemu?

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Wed Nov 16 19:46:33 CET 2011

qemu/GNS3 related post

@Michael Scherer

I've asked today the maintainers. There were patches for qemu since
0.11, and they had problems with Linux and BSD distros - only recently
they decided to push it upstream, because only openSUSE was ready to
patch qemu against required enhancements. So they started to campaign
harder (ask the community to campaign) to include the patch into the
upstream release.

They have successfully pushed a patch against VirtualBox 4.1 and now
they wait for Qemu, and hope to be inside 1.0 (but nobody is sure).

My propsition is to patch (I will do that) GNS3 in Mageia1 against patch
to disable qemu/qemuwrapper features in GUI and import into Mga1 through
updates (by hands of my mentor) dynamips (requirement of GNS3).