[Mageia-dev] Abandoned packages in our svn

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sun Nov 20 14:58:17 CET 2011

On Sunday 20 November 2011 14:22, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> So after preparing a simple script I've found packages that require it
> but are laying for months only in svn and untouched.

Now, there's your problem. Do not confuse inactivity on a package with unmaintaned. Some programs, especially scripts (perl based programs for example), just works without the need to change anything.
This is also true with any program. If it's well written, it doesn't need much maintenance to keep working.

You need to check the package database for a maintainer, and find packages that are listed as unmaintained, and I believe you can't use SVN to do this.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324