[Mageia-dev] Unable to boot into kernel-3.1.3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 29 12:39:13 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 28/11/11 18:46 did gyre and gimble:
> 在 Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:38:29 +0800, Colin Guthrie
> <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>寫道:
>>
>> Cool, then it should be easy enough to support this in dracut, but I'll
>> need to investigate it a bit more to see exactly how.
>>
>> Will try and do that over the next few days.
>>
>> Col
>>

> I forget to mention. The old kernel works fine, only the update

Interesting... perhaps it's the initrd in use that broke it? Or maybe
the kernel itself is busted. There will be a 3.1.4 coming very soon (as
there was a brown-paper-bag USB borkage on the 3.1.3 kernel)

If possible could you let me know what this command produces before you
update to 3.1.4:

/usr/sbin/update-alternatives --display mkinitrd

Cheers