[Mageia-dev] Add i18n-zh_tw at ml.mageia.org to bug CC list?

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Fri Oct 14 08:26:16 CEST 2011

You-Cheng Hsieh a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to add a mailing list to bug CC list?
> Currently many bugs related to Traditional Chinese issues are reported
> by person. But I think it would be more helpful if the bug changes can
> be CC to our mailing list so that more users can track and receive
> progress. If the bug reporter cannot test or unavailable to response,
> other users who subscribed the mailing list can help test it.
>
> I tried add mail address to CC list but get a "Match Failed" error:
>
> Bugzilla was unable to make any match at all for one or more of the
> names and/or email addresses you entered on the previous page.
>
> Please go back and try other names or email addresses.

> CC:  i18n-zh_tw at ml.mageia.org did not match anything

> I would like to know if it can be done this way or require more work
> to be done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> You-Cheng Hsieh

Your problem was a bit of a challenge, so I found a solution.
Of course, if sysadmin would make changes allowing you to forward to the
list, that would be easier for you, but more complicated for sysadmin.

Gmail (like many other email providers) allows forwarding email received.
But you can only forward to adresses that can respond, which excludes
forwarding to mailing lists.
Gmail allows you to forward to more than one adresse, and even to filter
which emails you wish to forward.

So I suggest:
1) Create a new gmail account that is easy to type, something like
mga-zh_tw at gmail.com
You could use an existing account, but a dedicated account would be
easier to manage.

2) On your new gmail account, under email parameters -> Transfers and
POP/IMAP, in the section Transfers, add all the email adresses of those
in your group.
Gmail lets you can add filters, so you could filter all email not coming
from Mageia to not forward spam.
But you might instead want to use this new adresse to communicate
between members of your group.

3) You use this new account for CC's to your group.

The down side is that each member you forward to has to accept before
emails will be sent to them, and for each new member, you have to
remember to add their email adresse.
But at least it will work, and you can implement it right away.

Regards :-)

--
Andr