[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release ldetect-lst-0.1.292-2.1.mga2

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Tue Oct 18 21:34:53 CEST 2011

Le mardi 18 octobre 2011 19:30:42, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> I dont see any changes in the above branch, only in trunk!

You are right, I forgot the svn commit. Done.

> And I have one concern...
>
> have you checked that b43 supports _all_ the hw that wl supports ?
> (I haven't checked it)
>
> If not, this change will cause a regression for those that would need wl.

Are you talking about wl closed source module driver? It does not use this
firmware files, and do not match all the hardware b43 matches (I happen to have
also one card that uses it, thanks to dkms-broadcom-wl )

Or you talk about b43 hardware for which openfwwf firmware will not work?
According to this pages all working b43 hardware accepts this firmware, except
some PCMCIA which were worked on.

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Supported_devices
http://www.ing.unibs.it/~openfwwf/

I don't know if we can do better :
1- try open source firmware
2- ask for windows driver if 1 did not work?