[Mageia-dev] E17 packaging

Matthew Dawkins mattydaw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:55:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Florian Hubold <doktor5000 at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 26.10.2011 06:59, schrieb Michael Scherer:
>
>  Le samedi 22 octobre 2011 à 08:41 +0100, Philippe Reynes a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I've tried to use E17, but it's an old version. I've asked e17 team,
>>> and they answered me that E17 is "rolling release". So no
>>> stable release (or vert vert few).
>>>

>>> I propose to package svn version, so we could be up-to-date.
>>> If a problem occurs, we could report it to upstream.
>>>

>>> What do you think about doing it on all E17 package ?
>>>
>> How will it go for stable support ?
>>
>> IE, once mageia 2 is out ?
>>
>>  We have better chances for bugfixes, don't think the snapshots which
> we used till now ( nearly one year old and also only based on
> the development release) will get some love anymore.
>
> For security issues, there were none that i'm aware of except for imlib2.
>
> But if you argument this way, we should stay with the packages we have
> until E17 is fully stable and release, but i don't see how this would be
> better.

Sorry, I'm coming into this conversation late, but when I did a ton of work
revamping all the EFL, e17, extra apps and python pkgs, there is a pretty
good tool  that can help guide you.

easy_e17.sh build script. It gives the build order, the relevant pkgs to
pull from the svn.

None of this work was ever upstreamed back to the mandriva svn, but it has
been maintained in the unity-linux svn.