[Mageia-dev] Mageia-dev] mageia 2 and systemd

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Sun Oct 30 10:38:45 CET 2011

Oddly enough, I have four machines running Mageia - starting with a
fresh Mageia 1 install and updating to Cauldron (keeping old /home from
Mandriva)

Every time I have tried systemd - something breaks - mostly sound and/or
networking (eth0) - When I disable "allow interface to be controlled by
network-manager" - I can then use ifup to manually start eth0 - and
revert back to sysvinit (urpmi sysvinit)

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to troubleshoot the sound issues,
and have found the easiest solution is to fallback to sysvinit (so long
that it works!)

Cheers,
R.Fox