[Mageia-dev] Evolution broken - won't start anymore

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Sep 7 12:13:45 CEST 2011

Hi Robert,

next time please CC the mailing list on your reply and don't reply to me in
private (as I request in my E-mail signature). I've CCed them now.

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 12:07:13 +0200
Robert Fox <list at foxconsult.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 13:03 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > rfox at linux ~]$ evolution
> > > evolution: symbol lookup error: evolution: undefined symbol:
> > > g_unix_signal_add_watch_full
> > > [rfox at linux ~]$
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >

> > Can reproduce here (x86-64, Mageia Cauldron, KDE 4). It's possible can be
> > fixed by a rebuild.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Shlomi Fish
>
> Sorry Shlomi - what exactly do you mean by a "rebuild"??  I don't build
> packages - I just test Cauldron . . .

Rebuild means "building again.". It means that a packager builds the package
again, to adapt it to the newer environment due to upgraded dependencies. Then
one can simply bump the "Release:" field and have it working again.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish