[Mageia-dev] tracker...

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:26:55 CEST 2011

Since this morning, a shiny piece of software I never opted to run not
even to install is eating 99% of my cpu.

I don't find any way to disable it (excepted killall...), and I can't
even uninstall it:
tracker is needed by libtracker
libtracker is needed by libfolks
libfolks is needed by gnome-shell

Whereas I perfectly understand why tracker (the binary) would requires
libtracker (the library), I really don't see why libtracker would make
tracker presence mandatory. After all, if the main program is missing, I
don't even need libtracker to be in working state, I just need its
symbols to be available to libfolks...
--
BOFH excuse #442:

Trojan horse ran out of hay