[Mageia-dev] lost sound after systemd update

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 14 15:29:47 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Donald Stewart at 14/09/11 12:57 did gyre and gimble:
> On 14 September 2011 12:00, Robert Fox <list at foxconsult.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 11:50 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>> 'Twas brillig, and Balcaen John at 14/09/11 11:24 did gyre and gimble:

>>> pam.d configs most likely.
>>>
>>> Work out what kdm is using in pam.d for processing the login and ensure
>>> it does the pam_systemd session stuff like in system-auth.
>>>

>> I found the system-auth.rpmnew and simply renamed that (copied the old
>> one just in case) - restarted with Systemd, but sound is still missing.
>> Not sure where to look under KDE pam.d settings.
>>
>> Thx,
>> R.Fox
>>

> I am having the same issues as Robert, however, switching to the TMB
> kernel has brought sounds back.
>
> I haven't looked in pam.d or changed any of the defaults in /etc apart
> from network for NM.
>
> Any ideas?

Is this is USB audio devices?

There is a bug in module-init-tools right now that prevents the
snd-usb-audio module being loaded.

Still that should change based on TMB vs. normal kernel.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]