[Mageia-dev] lost sound after systemd update

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:34:12 CEST 2011

On 14 September 2011 14:29, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Donald Stewart at 14/09/11 12:57 did gyre and gimble:

>>> I found the system-auth.rpmnew and simply renamed that (copied the old
>>> one just in case) - restarted with Systemd, but sound is still missing.
>>> Not sure where to look under KDE pam.d settings.
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> R.Fox
>>>

>> I am having the same issues as Robert, however, switching to the TMB
>> kernel has brought sounds back.
>>
>> I haven't looked in pam.d or changed any of the defaults in /etc apart
>> from network for NM.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Is this is USB audio devices?
>
> There is a bug in module-init-tools right now that prevents the
> snd-usb-audio module being loaded.
>
> Still that should change based on TMB vs. normal kernel.
>
> Col
>

> --
>
> Colin Guthrie
> mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie
> http://colin.guthr.ie/
>
> Day Job:
>  Tribalogic Limited [http://www.tribalogic.net/]
> Open Source:
>  Mageia Contributor [http://www.mageia.org/]
>  PulseAudio Hacker [http://www.pulseaudio.org/]
>  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]

No, not a usb device, in a laptop.

snd_hda_intel   : Intel Corporation|82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (vendor:8086 device:293e subv:103c subd:361b) (rev: 03)

The only other reason that I can think that it would be working is
that disabling pulse required a reboot for systemd to fully catch up
with or something.
I will re-enable pulse and see if it still works as I prefer to have PA running.