[Mageia-dev] Systemd + Login issues.

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Sat Sep 17 16:44:52 CEST 2011

Le Samedi 17 Septembre 2011 12:05:08 Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and John Balcaen at 16/09/11 19:29 did gyre and gimble:
> > 2011/9/16 Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> OK, so there seem to be a couple bugs related to this still
> >> outstanding.
> >>
> >> I've been testing things today and I rebooted into kdm and
> >> logged into KDE and all was well.
> >
> > Can you try the autologin functionnality with kde & kdm using
> > systemd please ? :)
> > This setup as said on irc is not functionnal :/
>
> OK, I tried autologin with kde/kdm..... and it worked fine :s
>
> The process I followed:
> 1. Switched to kdm/kde in /etc/sysconfig/desktop
> 2. Rebooted.
> 3. Logged in to KDE via kdm.
> 4. Used systemsettings
> 5. Selected my user as the autologin user.
> 6. I also enabled passwordless login for my user.
> 7. Rebooted
> 8. Was logged in automatically with full permissions and was
> registered in systemd-loginctl list-sessions.

Ok so i did try again & noticed that you have speedboot disabled [1]
The only way to get a working session is indeed to disable speedboot
with systemd because without that several things are not working with
autologin :
no polkit authentification, no sound ( pulseaudio provides a « factice
audio output » ) & sometimes the nm is not detected as working by the
plasma-applet-nm in the systray.

There's no need to have a passwordless login by the way :)

[1] https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-September/008183.html

--
Balcaen John