[Mageia-dev] New bugzilla proposal

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Jan 6 18:28:27 CET 2011

Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 17:56 +0100, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2011/1/6 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:

> > For translation, shouldn't it be attached to either a software, a
> > website, a document than be separate ?
>
> This is more a philosophical question. If translation bugs are filed
> in a separate category it makes it easy for the translators and normal
> package section is not clogged by this.

Since we don't handle translation in a vast majority of packages ( as
they come from upstream ), that would be a upstream bug like any others
for a rpm packager.

And for the rest, well, the bug be it in documentation, translation, or
code must follow the same lifecycle, and imho, should be grouper
logically and we should not duplicate information everywhere, with
information being "version of the product/components".

> Example: translation bugs could be generally triaged to i18n group if
> in a separate category. If the translation bug of foo.rpm is in the
> normal package category trieage team has to read the description to
> find out that it is not a program/packager bug but a translation but,
> then hand it to i18n.

It is not i18n goal to triage bugs. That would be duplication in term of
ressources, in term of setup, etc. And so if people want to sort bugs,
they can join the proper team. Doing otherwise would bring complexity
the setup for a relatively low gain IMHO.

--
Michael Scherer